The Note Show
Ep. 11 Simon Kitchen, CEO of Bipolar UK
This weekend we have the wonderful Simon Kitchen of Bipolar UK, he takes us through everything from 'What is Bipolar Disorder?' to fundraising and Bipolar UK as a charity. We had a great conversation and we hope you learn a lot and enjoy the show!
Topics in this episode:
- Simon lulling his 7 month old to sleep to the Vangelis Blade Runner sound track
- Keeping fit with the Joe Wicks online work outs
- What bipolar disorder actually is and how it’s characterised
- The history of the Bipolar UK charity since 1983
- Joshua’s latest blog topic for Bipolar UK
- The complex relationship between episodes, depression and mania
- Simon walking 80miles along Hadrian’s Wall to raise money
- The survey on Bipolar UK that 1700 people have completed on the impact of Covid-19
- The stats on the impact of Covid-19 on our mental health
- Why should everyone learn about bipolar disorder?
- The importance of not trivialising bipolar
- Simon’s history in the environmental sector and charity work
- Simon & Joshua’s film recommendations that include the topic of bipolar
- Bipolar UK eCommunities and Support Groups
Bipolar UK website
Bipolar UK Twitter page @BipolarUK
If you are looking for advice and information about bipolar, get in touch with Bipolar UK. They have fantastic resources and content on their website, along with a Peer Support Line, free Support Groups and an eCommunity.